Our Core Mission
“It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.” Eph. 1:11
Our mission is to restore courage and purpose to individuals and marriages bound by personal conflict so they can be free to carry out their God-given destiny.
Our Core Strategy
We will accomplish our mission through three primary vehicles:
- A dynamic fusion of Counseling and Transforming Prayer.
- Equipping through seminars that teach the principles of Transforming Prayer.
- Heart 2 Heart and Couples of Destiny Marriage Conferences that are supported by small group resources and an active alumni network.
Our History and Background
After several years of doing traditional Christian Counseling, Doug Tawlks and his friend Dave Miller began to discover powerful principles of inner-healing prayer. Doug realized as he incorporated these prayer principles into his own work that he was able to fill a huge hole in his own counseling ministry.
In 2007 Life Bridge was born enabling Doug and the Life Bridge Team to offer counseling services, retreats, and training resources to people regionally and around the world. Five years ago Doug and Shari discovered a new way to communicate from the heart with each other that has deepened their marital bond more than they could ever have imagined. Shortly after that, they started the Life Bridge Marriage conferences and retreats, which are rapidly growing in popularity and demand.
Our Affirmations of Beliefs
“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession…let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 4:14, 10:23
- I recognize that there is only one true and living God (Exodus 20:2, 3), who exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that He is worthy of all honor, praise and worship as the Creator, Sustainer, Beginning and End of all things (Revelation 4:11; 5:9, 10; Isaiah 43:1, 7, 21).
- I recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:1, 14). I believe that He came to destroy the works of Satan (1 John 3:8), that He disarmed the rulers and authorities, having triumphed over them (Colossians 2:15).
- I believe that God has proven His love for me, because when I was still a sinner, Christ died for me (Romans 5:8). I believe that He delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to His kingdom, and in Him I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13, 14).
- I believe that I am now a child of God (1 John 3:1-3). I believe that I was saved by the grace of God through faith, that it was a gift and not the result of any works on my part (Ephesians 2:8).
- I choose to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10). I put no confidence in the flesh (Philippians 3:3), for the weapons of my warfare are not of the flesh (2 Corinthians 10:4). I put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17), and I resolve to stand firm in my faith and resist the evil one.
- I believe that Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18), and that He is the head over all rule and authority (Colossians 2:10). I believe that Satan and his demons are subject to me in Christ because I am a member of Christ’s body (Ephesians 1:19-23). I therefore obey the command to resist the devil (James 47), and I command him in the name of Christ to leave my presence.
- I believe that apart from Christ I can do nothing (John 15:5), so I declare my dependence on Him. I choose to abide in Christ in order to bear much fruit and glorify the Lord (John 15:8). I announce to Satan that Jesus is my Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3), and I reject any counterfeit gifts or works of Satan in my life.
- I believe that the truth will set me free (John 8:32), and that walking in the light is the only path of fellowship (1 John 1:7). Therefore, I stand against Satan’s deception by taking every thought captive in obedience to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). I declare that the Bible is the only authoritative standard (2 Timothy 3:15-17). I choose to speak the truth in love(Ephesians 4:15).
- I choose to present my body as an instrument of righteousness, a living and holy sacrifice, and I renew my mind by the living Word of God in order that I may prove that the will of God is good, acceptable and perfect (Romans 6:13; 12:1, 2).
- Father God, I affirm that my life and sustenance come from You, and apart from You I can do nothing. Thank you for this year, and may Your will be done and Your Kingdom come in my life, and then use my life for Your glory and divine purpose! (Taken from Neil Anderson’s Freedom in Christ Ministries)
Our Director Doug Tawlks
After college Doug began working as a youth pastor and an outdoor adventure guide where he developed the conviction that risky faith leads to personal breakthrough and life purpose. After graduating from Azusa Pacific University in 1985 with a Masters Degree in Marriage Family and Child Counseling Doug worked as a Youth and Family Pastor in the San Francisco Bay area. He has also worked with abused and neglected children in foster care and as the lead supervisor of a crisis center for families of at risk youth. Doug is also an author, conference speaker and he enjoys traveling internationally and leading marriage retreats with his wife Shari.
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
“But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” Acts 20:14 NLT
“I would HIGHLY recommend you checking out Doug’s ministry. I have never experienced anything like it before and God is using him to bring GREAT freedom from captivity.” – Pastor Jeremy Wight, Thailand